The ROOT & SHOOT RCN has a limited number of travel awards to support attendance at conferences hosted by the RCN members. We will share more information about the RCN travel awards soon. In the meantime, have a look at some of the opportunities that lie ahead. Note that some travel award applications for the March 2023 Maize Genetics Conference are due by December 15, 2022.
Information about 2023 conferences organized by the ROOT & SHOOT participants
- Maize Genetics Meeting (organized by the Maize Genetics Cooperation, MGC). March 16 – 19th, 2023, St Louis Missouri https://www.maizegdb.org/mgc/maizemeeting/2023/
- Note: MGC travel awards applications are due by December 15, 2022, see https://www.maizegdb.org/mgc/maizemeeting/2023/financialaid.php.
- IS-MPMI Congress (organized by the International Society of Molecular Plant Microbe Interactions, IS-MPMI). July 16 – 20, 2023, Providence, Rhode Island https://www.ismpmi.org/Events/2023Congress/Pages/default.aspx
- Botany (organized by the Botanical Society of America, BSA, the American Society of Plant Taxonomists, ASPT, and others). July 22 – 26, 2023, Boise, Idaho https://2023.botanyconference.org/. Travel awards for students https://botany.org/home/awards/travel-awards-for-students.html.
- Plant Biology (organized by the American Society of Plant Biologists, ASPB). Aug 5 – 9, 2023, Savannah, Georgia. Three kinds of travel awards have just been announced, with application deadlines as early as January 6, 2023 (see https://aspb.org/meetings-events/).
- Plant Health: The American Phytopathological Society Annual Meeting (organized by the American Phytopathological Society, APS). Aug 12 – 6, 2023 Denver, Colorado https://www.apsnet.org/meetings/annual/Pages/default.aspx